Most heat pumps are designed to be sturdy and long lasting, but without proper care and maintenance you may encounter problems that could eventually result in premature wear. Here Albert Air, a trusted expert in heating and air conditioning service, shares some dos and don’ts when it comes to operating and maintaining your heat pump.
Using Your Heat Pump
When using your heat pump, take note of these reminders:
- Don’t raise the temperature on the thermostat too quickly. Try to do it incrementally so as to avoid triggering the auxiliary power, which could potentially waste energy.
- Don’t set the thermostat back if this will cause your backup heating to be activated.
Heat Pump Maintenance Tips
Timely HVAC repair is critical to the maintenance of your HVAC system. Along with that, here are a few other things that you can do to ensure the proper upkeep of your heat pump:
- Change the filters on a regular basis. Dirty or clogged filters can restrict airflow through the system, which can impact the overall performance of your HVAC system.
- Watch out for duct and refrigerant leaks. Address problems as soon as you discover them.
- Check the blower, indoor coil and ducts for dirt and other obstructions.
- Ensure that your thermostat is in good condition.
- Inspect electrical terminals and tighten connections as needed. Apply non-conductive coating if necessary.
- Call a professional to service your HVAC system at least once a year.
If you’ve been searching online for “heat pump or air conditioner repair near me“, you can rely on Albert Air, one of the most trusted HVAC companies in the area. We ‘ve been in business since 1982, so you can rest assured that your HVAC needs will be met satisfactorily. Call us at (714) 526-6368 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate.