Serving Fullerton, Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, Placentia & Brea
Summer is the perfect time for furnace repair and maintenance, and other heating repair issues. One reason for this is the availability of furnace technicians. Another is that preventative maintenance is always less stressful than furnace repair when it's freezing outside.
Call Albert Air about our incentives or other specials for heating repair services (714) 526-6368.
What You Should Know About Furnace Repair
To familiarize yourself with your furnace you may want to review how a furnace works, and exercise some of the preventative maintenance yourself. Here are some things you can tackle, if you're up to it:
- Confirm that the furnace cycles through start-up to shut-down via your thermostat.
- Check the supply (small grates in each room) and return air (large grate, usually in a hallway) temperature to make sure your thermostat is accurate.
- Clean and level your thermostat. For older thermostats this ensures proper function since many of them have liquid mercury switches. And always, this is aesthetically more eye pleasing.
- There is a safety switch on all furnace doors that "pops out" when the door is removed. Make sure this is unobstructed and clean.
- Look at all the visible wiring and electrical connections for burns or unraveling/loose wire nuts or tape.
- Check the condition of your vent connection pipe and chimney for rust or gaps. Venting system parts can deteriorate over time.
For furnace repair, maintenance or installation call Albert Air (714) 526-6368.